Grants Officer -Maternity Cover (10 months)
We launched our Cambridgeshire Coronavirus Community Fund on 18th March 2020. To date we have raised over £1 million and distributed over £800,000 in emergency funding to people across our county in the most vulnerable and needy situations. Now, more than ever, we need to strengthen and build resilience in our communities and we need a new team member to help us do that!
We are an accredited member of the UK Community Foundation Network and have been supporting Cambridgeshire and Peterborough since 2004. Last year we awarded £2.8 million to support our local communities and address need across our county. This year we need to do much more.
As Maternity Cover Grants Officer you will play a pivotal role in the programme team – assisting with marketing, planning, delivering and reporting on our grant-making programme to ensure targets are met.
- To identify groups and input marketing ideas to reach programme and fund spend targets
- To process/ oversee the processing of grant applications including advising applicants, scrutinizing accounts and governing documents, assessing applications, preparing paperwork and attending donor panels
- To take responsibility for end-to-end delivery of certain programmes
- To build knowledge of CCF's database
- To take an active role in continuous improvement and best practice initiatives
Our Grants Officers require:
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven customer-facing skills
- Confident numeracy skills
- An eye for detail
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and proven experience of using databases
For full details of the job description see below.
Some travel to meetings across the county (some very rural locations) is required as are occasional evening meetings and events. Driving license and access to a vehicle is desirable.
Please send your CV and cover letter to the email address below.
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 7 days from the application deadline please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for.
We treat everyone equally.
No agencies please.
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com noting the deadline for submission is 5pm on Friday 18th September.
Volunteer Placements at CCF
Are you looking for hands-on experience in the charity sector, tackling social issues in Cambridgeshire and helping us conduct our vital work?
We're offering two voluntary placements over Spring and Summer 2020. Download the information packs for the General Placement and Vital Signs Placement below:
CCF Vital Signs PlacementCCF Vital Signs Placement 2020.docx (798.9 KiB)
CCF General PlacementCCF General Placement 2020.docx (798.4 KiB)
Our dedicated team of volunteer visitors travel to the projects we fund to meet the groups and see the projects in action. This is a flexible role as volunteers can sign up for the visits that are a good for for them and then correspond with the group to arrange a mutually convenient date and time.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone about becoming a volunteer visitor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01223 410535.