Nationwide Community Grants
Nationwide Building Society has launched a new community funding scheme to tackle housing issues at a local level.
Grants of up to £50,000, over one or two years, are available for projects that support vulnerable people with their housing needs.
Eligible applicants must be a UK registered charity, Community Land Trust or housing co-operative.
Essex Community Foundation (ECF) is leading on the programme in the East of England, working with neighbouring community foundations in Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
Applications will be assessed by the local community foundation and then considered by a board, which is comprised of Nationwide members, employees and housing experts.
You can apply for:
- Staff/Volunteer costs for project delivery
- Development and capacity building costs
- Activity costs
- Small scale capital costs (e.g. items for project delivery such as computers, paint, gardening equipment)
- Building works and refurbishment costs - where they are essential to the successful delivery of the project
Guidance for applicants:
Please read the below eligibility criteria and guidance prior to submitting your grant application.
- What makes for a good grant application?
- Financial due diligence and safeguarding guidance
- The eligibility criteria can be downloaded here