Stay Well Heating Grants
Stay Well grants of up to £300 are awarded for vulnerable individuals and families living in Cambridgeshire (not including Peterborough) facing fuel poverty. These grants are to be used towards future heating costs. For those that are homeless, other costs of keeping warm (such as sleeping bags) will be considered.
Grant recipients must be referred by an organisation - either voluntary sector or local authority - that has assessed the circumstances and can verify that the individual or family are in extreme crisis and in need of immediate assistance.
Repeated or multiple requests for one family or individual are not anticipated as this grant is only intended to help those in extreme and urgent crisis.
- Recipients must be in Cambridgeshire and not in Peterborough.
- Recipients must have received fewer than 3 Stay Well grants (ever). Recipients may only receive one Stay Well grant in a 6 month period. The maximum number of Stay Well grants for any one person is 3.
- The grant must be used for future heating costs. Where there is historic debt owed to their energy supplier, the organisation helping the individual will need to seek support from a debt advice agency or other resource prior to submitting an application for Stay Well. Applications where debit to an energy supplier is more than 50% of the requested amount will be declined.
- The referrer must supply all necessary documentation and respond to requests for documentation or supporting information promptly.
If the recommended recipient has a prepayment meter or if you are requesting oil, coal or gas bottles for the recommended recipient, the grant payment will be made to the referring agency. You must provide:
- A bank paying in slip for the referring organisation. The bank paying in slip should confirm the bank details provided on the application. If a paying in slip is not available, please send other written third party confirmation such as a recent bank statement. Emails or Word documents with bank details typed into the body of the document are NOT acceptable.
If the recommended recipient pays their bills directly to the energy supplier, the grant payment will be paid directly to the energy supplier. You must provide:
- The most recent (within the last 3 months) energy supplier statement/bill for the recommended recipient. This should confirm their name, account number and show the account balance, so the level of any outstanding debt amount can be considered.
- Written confirmation of the energy supplier's bank details. This may be stated on the bill or pamphlet as provided by the energy supplier or may be a separate document requested from the energy supplier. It should confirm the bank details provided on the application. This will enable payment to be made by BACS to the energy supplier so that it can be credited to the recommended recipient's gas/electricity account. Emails or Word documents with bank details typed into the body of the document are NOT acceptable.
To apply, complete the online form accessed on the left hand side of this webpage.